Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back to School Fun! Doll Fun Special # 2

Have you gone back to school yet? I went back on Tuesday. It was my first day of eleventh grade, junior year of high school! The homework load is definitely heavier this year and I have a lot of activities as well... sigh... I wish it was still summer.

Since it is around the time you go back to school, I decided to do a Back to School themed Doll Fun Special! Have fun reading some school ideas!

A few years ago I found some miniature school accessories, which are perfect for dolls!
















Some of the things I found include, notebooks, sticky notes, tape, rulers, a stapler, and scissors! The calculator was made from the Doll School Craft Kit!

I also found these mini gel pens an eraser.
















This backpack is also just too cute!





















You can probably find these types of items at your local pharmacy, dollar store, or party store. They are not usually too expensive. I found mine at two pharmacies near me.

















This is Molly's desk that my older sister is letting me borrow for a little while. I can store some of the supplies in here!

These lunchboxes I got from Target. They were selling these adorable Coca Cola and Sprite lunch boxes in the dollar section. Using clay, you can sculp "food" for your dolls and pack it for them in their lunchboxes. :) I got the idea from Doll Diaries! Target sometimes has surprise doll sized finds in their dollar section, so you might want to check it out!
















You can also make many doll sized school supplies yourself! You could make a mini compostition book for your doll by cutting out pieces out of an old notebook (with a parent's permission) and stapling paper in between them. Cutting slips of paper and making pretend worksheets is another fun idea.
Go HERE to check out a tutorial on how to make a doll school locker!

For even more doll school craft ideas, check out the Doll School Craft Kit from American Girl!

















What have you made for your doll? Have you made any school supplies for them?







P.S. If you miss a Doll Fun Special, you can easily read any past ones from the last months in my NEW page titled Doll Fun Specials. (I add the one from the previous month each time I post a new one.)

Also, check back tommorow for a Back to School Giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. Anne...Cool post!
    Also...I'm trying to figure out how to make pages/tabs on my blog, like you have. Can you comment with how you did it on my blog please?
    Dollgirl2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post! I go back to school on the sixth. GRRRR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! At my Target, I found mini lunch boxes with candy stuff on them, but none of theses. :( I might be able to make a lunch box though,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can make them using an altoid or mint tin with some ribbon taped to the side!

      Delete
  4. oh my god! I was just looking for some ag back to school stuff and i read this... IM GOING INTO JUNIOR YEAR TOO! i thought i was the only junior who liked ag dolls still!! this is the frist time ive ever read your blog but im sure i will go look at all your other posts now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please be kind and respectful when commenting. Please do not use any bad words either. Thank you! :)